5 October 2011

Bed edging

I wanted to edge the new garden bed while the edge was still sharp where the spade had cut into the grass. Luckily today's weather was absolutely glorious and it was a pleasure to be working outside.

First, I took this pallet that my friend R got for me (for free, yay, thank you R!)

Photobucket

I made V-shaped cuts:

Photobucket

This is the result (I had to obviously do a few straight cuts too):

Photobucket

Ready made stakes on the edging strips!

Photobucket

In the spirit of using what I had on hand I painted them with some black acrylic paint thinned with water - we'll see how it holds up in the weather.

Photobucket

Then I hammered the stakes into the edge of the bed and pressed the soil back against them. What a difference it makes!

Photobucket

I also painted and dug in some strips around the kitchen garden bed to prevent the soil from spilling onto the path.

Photobucket

Here are a couple of before and after shots:

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket

BEFORE & AFTER
Photobucket


Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...